The Lakeside College PTFA (Parent Teachers Friends Association) was established in the first year of the school. PTFA enhances and supports the College’s quality education program through fundraising activities and building a sense of community among families of the College.
The PTFA strives to support the College by:
- Encouraging parents to be actively participate in the life of the School
- Promoting the School and its activities in the wider community
- Arranging fundraising activities on behalf of the School
- Providing additional resources for the benefit of students and to assist teachers in their work
- Planning and organising functions to build the community life of the school
What sort of things do we organise?
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day stalls
- Student Discos
- Sausage sizzles
- Trivia Night
- Lunch order days
Some of the projects that PTFA has raised money for include:
- College Bus
- Outside seating for students
- Board games for the winter months
- Grounds improvement
- Supporting College musicals
- Library furnishings
- A defibrillator
The PTFA Executive
The Executive comprises the Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Fund Raising Coordinator and Principal. These Executive positions are elected at our AGM and are responsible for the planning, management and organisation of the Association.
When are the meetings held?
The meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm in the College Boardroom in the Administration building. The duration of the meetings is usually between 1 and 2 hours. Meetings are not held during the school holidays.
The more parents who become involved in PTFA the more it can achieve for our students.
You can become involved by:
- attending meetings
- suggesting fundraising events
- assisting with fundraising events
- helping organise fundraising events
By the way, did we mention it’s a great way to meet people and become more involved in your child’s education.